Sunday Kickoff 2011 Sim Franchise
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sunday Kickoff 2011 Sim Franchise

Madden NFL 11

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League Rules and general info (Please Read and Agree)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
KC
Admin

League Rules and general info (Please Read and Agree) Empty
PostSubject: League Rules and general info (Please Read and Agree)   League Rules and general info (Please Read and Agree) EmptySat Feb 12, 2011 10:23 pm

I have simmed the 2010 Season and am releasing all the NFL free agents based on info sources i could track down. We will begin with a 1 rd FA draft right before the rookie draft. ( i know someones going to want to sign a bunch of FA's so they can plan their draft, you sign one then draft accordingly. FA will be open first come first serve for one additional player after the draft. Then add one drop one each week thru the season and post under free agency who u dropped and added.

We are gonna roll with All-Madden ( get your popcorn ready)
8 Minute Quarters

Defensive Rules:

No Nano-blitzing please, you are can move 1 player before you snap and must user control him.

All the strat pad adjustments are fine

Defensive linemen must remain on the line and not be user controlled into coverage. If you are using a zone blitz play that drops a DE in coverage that's fine.

Please use proper defensive formations to mirror the offensive formations. Nickel or dime against 3-5 wide out sets. No one uses 3-4 against 4 and 5 wideouts in the NFL.

If you like the 1-5-5 formation, please use this sparingly. Don't make it your base defense.

Please mix up the defensive calls also. Use some zone and man coverages, and please don't use the same blitz every 3rd down. MIX IT UP.

No CB's at FS or SS.

OLB can play DE since most 3-4 OLB's play DE in pass defenses. I'd rather you do this based on that idea, but I'll allow it if you want to do it.

Offensive rules:

Offensive Depth chart rules:

NO HB at WR, I think the saints play book has HB at WR in 5 wide which is cool. As long as it's part of the formation and not something you're doing in the depth chart.

TE's can play fullback in the Fullhouse formation

No defensive players at WR also

Mix up plays, don't just throw slants to slot WR's and all game.

When running also mix this up as well. 50/50 toss play to up the middle running. Just be balanced with this.

You can be either pass or run heavy just make sure it's called for

HB's can have catches, somewhere round the 4-5 catches a game seems reasonable. This includes screens.

You may go for it on forth down if it's less than 5 yds past your opponents 45 yd line. Don't abuse this please.

Scrambling with a QB is allowed but only if you need to escape pass rush or no one is open you may run. Please be realistic with the QB running, most QB's head outta bounds after a few yards or slide down.

No rocket catching

I will allow dual HB formations since so many playbooks come stock with them, again don't abuse this. This is not an every down formation.

You may only run no huddle when down at then end of 1st half, and when down by 21 starting in 3rd.

No onside kicks unless down you're down 2 scores at half, or late in the 4th and you need the possession due to the time remaining.

Please no running the score, if you have a big lead then just run the clock and use possession small routes to generate 1st downs to continue to drain the clock.

Trade Rules:

4 trade limit per season. Includes draft picks. Deadline is week 12. Non-Negotiable. I don't want people trading their entire team. It makes no sense and it's not realistic.

You may only trade 1st round picks.

No trading of rookies will occur until their second season in the league.

No player flipping. All players you trade for will be on your team for a season before being eligible to be traded again.

You may Drop and Add Players to complete a trade.

No more than 3 players per trade, i don't want people trading their entire team. Just seems ridiculous.

Trades must be posted for approval..

Trades should look like this:

Team A/ Team B trade

Team A sends

Player Name 80 ovr A pot 27yrs
PlayerB Name 77 ovr B pot 30 yrs

for

Team B sends

Player Name 91 ovr A 28yrs

This i would consider a fair trade ( just use this as a guideline)

1st rd picks = mid 80's rated player. Higher 80's if they are near or are 30yrs of age or older(the age progression ends).

any question regaurding rules can be pm'd to me. I'd rather you ask then just assume.

If you complain or don't like a rule this is not the league for you. These rules are to keep the competition realistic, and to also make up for some of madden's shortcomings.

Free Agency:

I'm using this site to compile a list of true NFL free agents. I understand some of these FA's will remain on thier current teams so I'm doing research into the bigger names to see how likely they are to return. This isn't a perfect system because I obviously can't compile the facts on 500 free agents but this will as accurate as i can make it. I'll look at the teams close to the Cap and make judgements on who will stay and go. I'm not trying to screw anyone, I'm just trying to be fair and judicious in this process. So note that each team will be mising players, some more key than others. (this is for the 2011 season only)

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2011/fa/db.html

We will do a 1rd FA draft immediately before the Rookie Draft. FA will be open after the draft and you may sign 1 additional player before your week 1 one game. Then after that it's drop a player add a player one per week.

Salary Cap:

Cap is set at : 4200pts

After several leagues i've been in have tried a few diferent sal cap management systems, i found one i like. The system is very simple, just total up all the overall's on a team and you get your Cap total ( i will post this for each team every season, i will post 2011 after i drop all free agents).

I totaled up the GB packers roster since they are very close to NFL cap.

Greenbay 92 ovr = 4266pts (66 pts over the cap) the team also has 4 HB's and 4 TE's. You can reduce these postions to help clear cap.

Each team must have at least 2 players at Every postion :

(if you have 3 RG's and 1 LG this is fine since you have a total of 4 at the G position

I'm aware some teams will need to balance themselves out and snag some FA's to meet D chart requirements. You can sign a few 65 ovr and below guys to fill depth.

Except FB, K, P.

So no cheating the Cap. This is in effect to keep teams from being ridiculously loaded. Some teams will have to make adjustments immediately, others will be far below the cap. Please ask questions on this if u don't understand.

Boot Policy and a Few final notes:

You will be given one warning if any rule is broken, (I'm talking clear violations) if another complaint is filed you will be removed from the league. Please let me know of any questionable gameplay.

Please make sure your complaints are warranted. I.E. if someones HB has 6 catches I'm not going to flip out and go on a booting rampage.

I don't want complaints about minor things like whats stated above. I want clear violations of league rules.

Basically I want mature players that enjoy actual football and not the trash that the online lobby has reduced football to. Please play fair i really don't like having to remove and replace people. If you have questions please ask me. I want to be as helpfull as possible to clear up anything unclear in these rules. I know there's alot of them, this will always be here if you need a refresher Also these are subject to change, as new things arise. I complied these rules as how i see fit and what i see in other Online Franchises.

That's it guys please agree at the bottom ( don't make comments on changes here, send them to me and i will consider things as we play on).
Back to top Go down
https://nflsundaykickoff.board-directory.net

League Rules and general info (Please Read and Agree)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sunday Kickoff 2011 Sim Franchise :: Rules-
Jump to: